Subject: Re: Feb. 29 kernel
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/03/1996 09:25:21
On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> > esp0 targ 4 lun 0: <MICROP, 1588-15MBSUN0669, SN0C> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
>
> > The other interesting new event is I now have a disappearing
> > file problem. On sd1, whenever I add or remove files, all the other
> > files in that directory disappear. If I unmount the drive, fsck, and
>
> I have reason to believe that this drive contains a SCSI protocol bug.

is this the thing that would cause the disappearing files problem?  I
have tried something similar to your fix, but for my own drive, which
reports as:

scsibus0 at esp0
probe(esp0:0:0): max sync rate 4.03Mb/s
esp0 targ 0 lun 0: <IBM, 0663L12, 1012> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd0 at scsibus0: 1003MB, 4119 cyl, 5 head, 99 sec, 512 bytes/sec

so I added:

        {T_DIRECT, T_FIXED,
          "IBM     ", "0663L12         ", "",     SDEV_AUTOSAVE},

to the scsi_quirk_patterns[] table, but it still does the same thing..  I
get none of the other errors that Jonathan reported though, so maybe its
different.

]ain