Subject: Re: SunOS compatibility question
To: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
From: David Jones <dej@achilles.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/29/1996 19:51:26
> Hi all,
> well I'd tried to use a static library targeted for SunOS system under
> NetBSD1.1/Sparc. And it appears that I can't use it: some .o files in
> this pecular lib use the syscall vhangup() and some other use the
> array _iob[]. I can get around vhangup() by linking with a vhangup
> 'emulation' (well I think) but the _iob[] stuff is much more
> problematic.

NetBSD stdio and SunOS stdio are different.  You are out of luck.
_iob[] is where objects of type FILE are stored.  The structure of a
FILE should not be available to the application.  This abstraction is
respected by most software out there.

Chet Ramey, I know you are reading this list.  Does this problem remind
you of something? :-)