Subject: Re: Hung sparc, can I get info?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/26/1996 20:54:39
>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> writes:

Jason> On Fri, 23 Feb 1996 16:34:01 -0500 (EST) David Gilbert
Jason> <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca> wrote:

>> Last time I tried, DDB caused my kernel not to compile.  Is there
>> reason to believe that it will work now on the sparc?

Jason> I have never *not* used DDB on my 4/260.  If you configure the
Jason> kernel with DDB, make clean, make depend, then make.

	OK... I'll take this momment to comment.  I uncommented the
line with 'DDB' 'DEBUG' and 'DIAGNOSTIC' on it.  Man did that ever
make a slow kernel!  Anyways... while it's possible that I'm working
on a heisen bug here, loading the heck out of the machine all weekend
did not uncover the hang.  Should I try it with only DDB?

	What do I do to drop into the debugger?

	What I think I'm chasing here is a interupt (or other) race
bug that has to do with some combination of disk/serial/load generated
by a uucp connected news machine.  I'm still trying to chase it.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |