Subject: Re: Hung sparc, can I get info?
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: matthew green <mrg@ETERNA.COM.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/1996 11:54:24
   matthew> compile DDB into the kernel and find out the kernel stack
   matthew> trace ?

   	Last time I tried, DDB caused my kernel not to compile.  Is
   there reason to believe that it will work now on the sparc?

how did it fail ?  i've been compiling with DDB since before there
was any MD sparc DDB code  :)  [ i wasn't aware at the time what
it was, or that it meant nothing on the sparc ].

i think i've built one or two kernels in the past 2 years without
it, in total.

it doesn't 'work' all that well:  you can't set break points have
been known to crash it, and, single stepping is as broken in DDB
as it is in gdb.  :)

but it should 'work' enough to be moderately useful.