Subject: Re: machine/cpu.h
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@niagara.nectar.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/23/1996 08:17:17
On Thu, 22 Feb 1996 Chris_G_Demetriou@niagara.nectar.cs.cmu.edu wrote:

> > /usr/include/machine/cpu.h (from src/sys/arch/sparc/include/cpu.h)
> > includes <sparc/sparc/intreg.h> on line 65 - this #include is causing
> > some things to fail for me, and I can't see that anybody would be
> > basing themselves in sys/arch to start with.  Should it be
> > <arch/sparc/sparc/intreg.h> ?
>
> kernel builds include a -I that's effectively 'sys/arch'.  It's should
> be fine as-is.
>
> As far as i know, no user-land programs should be including
> <machine/cpu.h>.

ah, sorry - I should have said where I was having the problem :), its in the
share/lkm section - they only have -I/sys defined there - I had a look
around, and I don't think any of the other ports cpu.h file includes anything
from <machine/..> as such so I'm not sure whats wrong.

the lkm section does define _KERNEL which I guess it needs to, and that
brings in the #include ..

]ain