Subject: Re: VME Ethernet with NetBSD/sparc 1.1
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: behind brown eyes <benji@haven.boston.ma.us>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/23/1996 23:43:54
According to Jason Thorpe:
> I'm not sure that it's possible to use the DVMA-savvy boards on the
> 4/100.  I think you're pretty much limited to serial boards, and the
> like.  The 4/100 was pretty weak in the VME arena ... I think the one
> slot was kind of token...

According to my 1988 Sun "Cardcage Slot Assignments and Backplane Configuration
Procedures", it's possible to have a model 501-1153 ethernet controller in
the third slot of a 4/110. Both of the backplane jumpers (BG3 and IACK) for
slot three need to be removed.

	benji

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	benji@haven.boston.ma.us
"It's a good idea not to live your life just to please others.  You don't