Subject: Re: gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc: __word__ unknown
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/23/1996 18:35:04
On Fri, 23 Feb 1996 10:28:58 -0500
 der Mouse <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu> wrote:

> Trying to build the world from sources supped about 10:30 yesterday,
> Feb 22, I get
>
> ===> gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc
> cc -O -I/sources/working-usr-src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc/../common -I/sources/
working-usr-src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc/../arch  -I/sources/working-usr-src/gnu/
usr.bin/gcc/libgcc/../arch/sparc -Werror  -c -DL__gcc_bcmp -o __gcc_bcmp.o /sou
rces/working-usr-src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc/libgcc2.c
> /sources/working-usr-src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc/libgcc2.c:82: unknown machine
 mode `__word__'

> This looks to me like a chicken-and-egg problem, trouble building the
> new gcc with the old (this is the first build I've done since the sparc
> port was switched to the new gcc).  Is it possible to get around it by
> building and installing some parts and then building the rest, the way
> the last error like this worked?

Yah, cd into src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc do a make install then cd /usr/src and
make again. Works.

Cool to see gcc 2.7 on the sparc, Well done folks!

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae                                 DNS: Domino Network Services
neil@domino.org         NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)