Subject: 330 question
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@iqm.unicamp.br>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/17/1996 14:43:15
Hello

Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong group but I have some questions
about the sparc port and sparc server 330.
We have an old 330 with the following hardware:

	1) Multi serial card (ALM I believe)
	2) A VME second Ethernet (ie1)

Now this machine is running 4.1.1 and works as our mailhost and
gateway to the university backbone and would like to move to NetBSD.
I believe NetBSD is far beter mailhost/gateway than SunOS 4.1.4 and
has many new nice features but I'm unsure if it will handle the above
hardware. If yes, what directions should I follow to have the 330
running NetBSD? Will it run SunOS binaries (the only one I matter is
Adobe transcript to drive our Laserwriter) ? About stability, should
I expect any problems with this specific machine?

Thanks in advance

Pedro