Subject: strange arp errors at boot time
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benno Rice <benno@internode.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/13/1996 17:28:54
Hi.

I'm running NetBSD 1.1 on a Sparc 1. Every time I boot, I get the following
message:

arp_rtrequest: bad gateway valuertinit: wrong ifa (f85c0900) was (f85c0800)

The numbers after the "f85c" vary but otherwise it's always the same. The
look of the numbers suggests Unix Domain sockets but I could be wrong.

Any ideas what the hell is going on here? It doesn't seem to break anything,
at least obviously, but I'd like to know if I'm sitting on something that's
waiting for an opportunity to make my life hell...

Thanks in advance =)

Benno Rice                                                   Technical Support
Internode Systems                                          Ph:  +61 8 223 2999
benno@internode.com.au                                     Fax: +61 8 223 1777