Subject: HELP with IPX running NetBSD 1.1
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: LOBEL RASCHKOW THOMAS <tlobel@tamarugo.cec.uchile.cl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/07/1996 00:32:51
	I have just finnished the installation of NetBSD 1.1 for sparc on
    my standalone IPX (no network). Problem is, whenever the OS reads or
    writes to the stock SCSI disk (sd@3,0), ie a sun 424, it pulls ot a
    strange error, either
    empty FIFO of 1 dma0 : erroremty FIFO of 1 dma0 : error ..... etc
    or
    empty FIFO of 16 dma0 : errorempty FIFO of 16 dma0 : ....etc
    or both thing mixed
    Other than this it runs fine ....
    Also, on boot , it complaints that the cache controller chip is
    buggy in some way :
     cpu0: cache chip bug; trap page uncached
    Is this serious ?
    Is my hardware fleaky ?
    Worried, i ran the sun diagnostics under SunOS, but they checked fine ...

    Please, any input is welcome, either to

						tlobel@tamarugo.cec.uchile.cl

				or to

						roberto@nexus.chilenet.cl