Subject: Re: Slowlaris emulation?
To: None <jaywon!dgilbert@life.ai.mit.edu>
From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/25/1996 18:24:41
dgilbert@jaywon.UUCP (David Gilbert) wrote:

>	I'm trying to run Autocad under NetBSD 1.1.  The binary is a
>solaris one, but I was led to believe that we had solaris emulation.
>However, when run the it says, 'cannot execute binary file'.  I have
>been populating a /emul/solaris in a similar manner to how I have
>populated /emul/sunos.

I have /emul/svr4. Don't know whether /emul/solaris is an alias, but
try renaming it.

>	There is, however, no compat_solaris or compat_sysv man page
>to guide me.  Has anyone run such nontrival apps under NetBSD?

I ran only trivial Solaris binaries. However, AutoCAD is big, but that
doesn't mean it is nontrivial to emulate.

The emulation in NetBSD is a Svr4 emulation and Solaris is not quite
syv4. As described earilier on this list, the dynamic linking scheme
may cause trouble in running solaris binaries.

Native Solaris Binaries are always ELF, BTW.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>  -  Fax +49 40 522 85 36