Subject: Re: vt320 as console?
To: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
From: David <david@southern.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/22/1996 23:13:14
	You want to look in /sys/sys/ttydefaults.h and change the
	TTYDEF_CFLAG line to something like

#define TTYDEF_CFLAG    (CREAD | CS8 | HUPCL)

	otherwise the kernel switched into 7E1 when it initialises the
	serial ports (up till thn its been using the prom to output the
	messages).

	(About the only local patch I _absolutely_ needed when running
	NetBSD.
	If you boot single user you can mount /usr & run reset to get
	the tty sane again, but you cant see to run fsck first,	so its
	not a happy thing to do. Its no doubt in a PR somewhere, but
	not having to keep it locally was a pleasant bonus from my move
	to openbsd :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
     >=- Microsoft asks you where you want to go. Unix gets you there -=<
        <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>