Subject: vt320 as console?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: behind brown eyes <benji@haven.boston.ma.us>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/20/1996 18:51:14
I'm trying to use a vt320 as the console on my NetBSD/sparc Sun 4/330. The
terminal works fine until init kicks in (that is, until just after "root on
sd0a" is printed), and then spits out garbage. Looking in /var/log/messages,
there are numerous "init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console,
sleeping" message. I've tried various combinations of /etc/ttys entries and
terminal configuration tweaking, all to no avail.

Does anyone have any hints, suggestions, or sympathy?

Prior to my purchase of this vt320, I was using a PowerBook runing vt100
emulation software as the console, and it worked just fine.

	thanks,

	benji

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	benji@haven.boston.ma.us
"Anybody can become angry - that is easy; but to be angry with the right