Subject: Re: Serial port issues on Sun4/260
To: None <greywolf@captech.com>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/1996 13:26:57
> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 96 11:38:06 PST
> From: greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com (James Graham - Systems Mangler)
> To: bwalker@musings.com (Brad Walker), torek@bsdi.com
> Subject: Re: Serial port issues on Sun4/260
> Cc: port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, dgilbert@pci.on.ca
>
> Actually, wouldn't it be better to start from the Bstreams code than to go
> with the STREAMS stuff?  I think the Bstreams were (supposedly) more
> intelligently implemented.
>
> [Performance-wise:  I *despise* STREAMS.  Disconnect is too sluggish. ]

I'm not ruling Bstreams out. But, getting documentation and reference
code has been difficult. I've been sending mail to several different
people and I keep hitting against a brick wall.

So I just decided to use what I know best and that is the AT&T STREAMS
model. I'm certainly open to other comments and opinions. Could you point
me into a direction with documentation about Bstreams..

What do you mean about disconnect being sluggish..

-brad w.