Subject: Serial port issues on Sun4/260
To: None <jaywon!netbsd.org!port-sparc@life.ai.mit.edu>
From: David Gilbert <pci!jaywon!dgilbert@life.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/1996 22:46:11
	While I was conversing with a bunch of local UN*X wizards (at
a little get-together), the subject came round to some of the changes
that were happening to the Sun4 and why.  The thing that got my
attention was that the hardware flow control should be asserted by the
chip when the fifo is running low.

	Are the Sun4 built-in serial ports capable of this, and if so,
how do I instruct NetBSD to turn it on?  I believe that I have ctsrts
set in most of the config files that allow it (specifically the
faxgetty and pppd configurations).

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |