Subject: Re: getting started
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/1996 13:22:30
> So how should I go about using NetBSD's native boot code ?
> (I only have Solaris 2.4 and can't easily get access to Solaris-1.x)

For those interested, I finally managed to get NetBSD running by getting
SunOS-4.1.3's intallboot executable (as well as the /usr/kvm/mdec/bootsd file)
and use it in Solaris-2.4 with its binary-compatibility. (the /boot file
was taken straight from NetBSD's distribution).

Of course, the obvious alternative was to put the machine on a network
and boot from some other machine. But as of now, the machine is still
"standalone".

	Stefan