Subject: Problems with the latest sup and a 4/110
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/11/1996 19:35:02
Hello all...

I recently acquired a Sun 4/110 to run NetBSD on.  I ftped the binary
snapshot which is present on ftp.eecs.umich.edu and all seemed to be
ok.  It seemed to happily run diskless off my NetBSD/i386 Pentium.  I
then compiled all of userland with little trouble.  However, new
kernels would shortly panic after being loaded across the ether.  Here
is the panic from the GENERIC_SCSI3 kernel with options DDB, DEBUG,
DIAGNOSTIC, and KGDB enabled [copied manually]:

Boot: vmunix [which is linked to netbsd, so the Sun boot can find it]
Size: 1064928+117824+92440 bytes
data fault: pc=f80ea218 addr=800004 ser=80<INVAL>
panic: kernel fault
Stopped at 0xf80f3504: jmpl	[%o7 + 0x8],%q0
db>

So what has changed between the snapshot kernel [which still works]
and my compiled kernel??

Anyone else seen this behavior on a Sun4 type machine???

Thanks,

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org