Subject: Re: getting started
To: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
From: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/10/1996 15:51:22
> So how should I go about using NetBSD's native boot code ?
> (I only have Solaris 2.4 and can't easily get access to Solaris-1.x)

Well, it seems it's almost possible:
>From Solaris 2.4, I'm able to execute NetBSD's installboot program.
But sadly, the only result I can get is a core dump.
I tried to chroot to /mnt (where I have my BSD's root drive) and execute
BSD's installboot from there, but I just get weird complaints about
lacking /usr/lib/locale/... files (they are effectively absent from my
NetBSD distribution). Also I have the feeling that the coredump is due
to some incompatible dynamic lib (that's why I tried chroot).

Does anybody have an idea ? Maybe a statically linked installboot would do ?

	Stefan