Subject: Re: Eek! Didn't think of this!
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@Xenotropic.COM>
From: Incorrigible punster -- do not incorrige <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/04/1996 10:59:24
Interesting approach, though I don't see why it's considered inelegant.
You have a flag which says "do this", and if it works, and it's relatively
simple, what else matters?

[ Deleted patch to make the dump routine do PIO instead of DVMA ].

The only other way I can think of to do this is to implement another lower-
half of a driver as a "*dumpstrat()" part of a [bc]devsw, and I don't
believe such a generic routine exists.

It might be nice to have a "sd_dumpstrat()" and/or "st_dumpstrat()",
since then you wouldn't have to check that "inelegant" flag above...

...thoughts?

				--*greywolf;
--
Are you being infected by a UNIX virus?  If you're receiving OS shipments
from your vendor, you may be subjecting your computer to the worst virus