Subject: Re: Problems with scsi disks
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/1996 09:07:04
On Thu, 04 Jan 1996 00:32:47 +1100
 matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

 > i've been getting quite a number of these "empty FIFO of 16" messages
 > recently also -- i changed hardware (elc -> different elc) at the same
 > time and i don't get it on my ipx at all.

I don't get them on any of my SS1 systems, but then again, they're not
terribly active as far as the disks go ...

It's probably due to dome quirkyness in some rev of the Emulex flavor of
the 53c9x that Sparc use.  (I just discovered how bloody many versions of
that chip there are ... frightning!  :-)