Subject: Re: New disk.
To: Matthew N. Dodd <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Incorrigible punster -- do not incorrige <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/27/1995 16:23:31
#define AUTHOR "winter@jurai.net ("Matthew N. Dodd")"

/*
 *
 * I have a working diskless Sparc2 that I just got a 540 meg drive for.
 *
 * I created an entry for it in /etc/disktab so disklabel would work like
 * so:
 *
 * fireball|Quantum Fireball 540s:\
 *         :ty=winchester:ns#138:nt#2:nc#3835:\

nt#2?  You only have two tracks (heads) on your disk drive?

 *         :pa#131072:oa#0:ba#1024:fa#512:\
 *         :pb#131072:ob#131072:\
 *         :pc#1058460:oc#0:\
 *         :pd#131072:od#262144:\
 *         :pe#665244:oe#393216:
 *
 * I newfs'ed the filesystems and installed the bootstrap using installboot
 * (and binstall /usr/mdec when the above didn't work)

Did you properly call binstall?

Did you edit your disklabel to reflect the actual parameters you wanted
to use?

 *
 * I boot the machine from the monitor using `boot disk` and am rewarded with:
 *
 * Boot device: /sbus/esp/sd03,0   File and args: netbsd
 * Bad magic number in disk label
 * Can't open Sun disk label package
 * Can't open boot device
 *
 * Whats up with this?  Disklabel didn't complain... *sigh*
 *
 * As usual, its probably something stupid.  Any ideas?
 *
 * Thanks.
 *
 * | Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
 * | Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
 * | InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|
 *
 *
 */

#undef AUTHOR	/* "winter@jurai.net ("Matthew N. Dodd")" */

				--*greywolf;
--
Have a Nice Day.  (All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.)