Subject: Re: Uninterruptible wait lockup.
To: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
From: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/25/1995 20:29:41
On Mon, 25 Dec 1995, Mike Frisch wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Dec 1995 Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU wrote:
> > If this is a problem on the sparc, it's certainly not a problem on (at
> > least some) other ports.  I _only_ use NFS-mounted /usr/src trees on
> > my alphas, and i've seen few problems with it.
>
> 	I am currently net booting over NFS from my Linux box (which is
> known to have broken networking code), so that might contribute to the
> problem.

I don't think so. We ran a few diskless ELC:s off a Linux box for quite
som time. After a few troubels with the initial setup it ran without
truoble.

We do have one problem, sometimes when a user quits X on the diskless
machines and still has a lot of open programs the kernel panics, always
in the function nfs_read. It seems to only be a problem on diskless
ELC:s, our SS1 seem to be immune. Perhaps this is the same problem. What
machines are affected for you?

Peter