Subject: HD boot problems on SUN4...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/21/1995 18:29:08
	I am running a Sun 4/110 (SUN4 architecture) with a SUN 207MB
(SUN0207) hard drive connected to the external SCSI port.  The hard drive
is on SCSI ID #3 and is properly detected by the kernel at boot and I can
mount the partitions and access them when I net boot this machine, but for
the life of me, I simply cannot boot from the hard drive.

	I have followed the standard procedure of running "installboot"
(in single user mode) with what I believe to be the proper parameters for
this platform.

	If somebody is running the SUN4 architecture with NetBSD 1.1,
please let me know as I'd really like to get this going.

	Can somebody please help?  I've been getting email from the last
time I posted a cry for help, but the people who's minds I've tapped are
simply out of ideas.  If I can't get this working, I'll have a complete
Sun 4/110 system for sale.

Thanks.

Mike.

     Mike Frisch                    Internet: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
     Northstar Technologies		       Compuserve: 76620,2534
     Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA       WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch