Subject: Re: Disk w/o geometry label.
To: None <windsor@hedgehog.com>
From: Arne Steinkamm <arne@Steinkamm.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1995 12:58:59
[...]
> >>BTW, if this IBM disk is so nonstandard as to not respond to the geometry
> >>command, don't expect it to work right on NetBSD.

Some IBM SCSI Disks like the IBM 0661371 doesn't respond to the SCSI
inquiry. That's the only problem with them. If the scsi driver can deal
with this (and the *BSD* driver can), they will work pretty good.

> I have an IBM DPES-31080 1Gig drive at home (NetBSD/i386) and at work
> (NetBSD/sparc).  I encountered the 'no geometry' problem when setting
> the one at work up with SunOS.  My solution to it was to log into my

No, the DPES-31080 respond to the inquiry but tells wrong information.
The original author described a problem which the 31080 *not* have.

Greetings
.//. Arne

--
Arne Steinkamm        | Mail (MIME): Arne@Steinkamm.COM         IRC: Arne