Subject: Re: Problems booting from HD...
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1995 00:30:20
On Sat, 16 Dec 1995, David Gilbert wrote:

> 	I suspect here that you haven't got your boot program in place
> on that drive (but I could be wrong).  See the instructions with
> 'installboot' which is in the sys/arch/sparc/stand directory.

	Well, I used the "install.sh" shell script to install NetBSD, so
I assumed it was doing everything.  Just to ensure that the boot program
was installed properly, I did it manually as well.  Here's what I did
(all done in single user mode):

1.  Boot NetBSD over the network
2.  Mount /dev/sd0a on /mnt
3.  /usr/mdec/binstall ffs /mnt
4.  installboot -v /mnt/boot /usr/mdec/bootxx /dev/rsd0a

	Neither binstall nor installboot reported any sort of an error
and it still doesn't work.  Any other ideas?  Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Mike.

     Mike Frisch                    Internet: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
     Northstar Technologies		       Compuserve: 76620,2534
     Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA       WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch