Subject: Re: standalone programs...
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: SAVE MY WALRUS <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/13/1995 10:18:22
Actually, I was looking for a way to make it happen any way possible,
be it NetBSD or Solaris 1.  I would prefer not to downgrade to Solaris 2
in order to do this as I don't know how well it would work with NetBSD.

Ostensibly I would *LOVE* to be able to build a tape-based miniroot
filesystem, i.e. actually have the tape device mountable.  It would,
of course, be read-only (caught that trick from Pyramid), but it would
enable the disk to be completely relabeled.

One could fit a reasonable miniroot into 8MB, and probably even 4MB.

I'm rambling again.  Coffee will do that, though....

				--*greywolf;
--
Rule #1:
    If you can't interrupt it, terminate it.