Subject: Different SCSI problems.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/13/1995 09:05:39
	Thanks to everyone that responded to the disklabel problems.
I wrote an optimistic disk label to the disks in question.  Then I
rebooted.  The boot message was still the same (ficticious geometry,
same size... not the size I specified).

	Is the size for the 'ficticious' drive always the same?

	Anyways... I got the new cable for the machine
installed... and the two new IBM drives are being recognized such as
they are.  The last device on the chain is an Archive Viper that I
pulled out of our SGI (4D/35) at work (long story, don't ask).

	Now... the Sun (4/260) had recognized it's stock
60-meg-tape-on-a-funky-controller before as st0.  It does not (yet)
recognise the Archive 150.  The ESDI<-->SCSI converter and it's drives
are at SCSI 0, the two IBM drives are SCSI 1 and SCSI 2.

	I'm pretty sure that I've put the tape at SCSI 4, but the
jumper legend is far from clear (can be interpreted two ways).. so
it's possible that the tape is jumpered for SCSI 1.  As far as I know,
this should cause both one of the IBM drives *and* the tape to fail to
be recognized (if it were true)... so I'm assuming that the tape is
SCSI 4.

	Any ideas why it's not be recognised?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |