Subject: Re: standalone programs...
To: None <greywolf@captech.com>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/11/1995 23:31:52
> Has anyone made a standalone version of a 'copy' command for the SPARC
> port?

Once you know what to copy and where to, it would be trivial make one
given the support routines in libsa and sparc/stand.

> My intent is to make a bootable SPARC tape (I'm using a 4mm).
>
> ...come to think of it, has anyone made a 'stboot'?  Is this something
> that someone would be interested in doing?  Is this something that folks
> would be interested in having?

It would be nice to complete the set of supported bootable devices.

Does anyone remember how Suns (sun3/sun4/sun4c) boot from tape? I guess
the PROM loads the first file on hte tape expecting it to be the second
stage boot program. This program should then probably copy a miniroot
from tape to disk.

-pk