Subject: Re: configuring the floppy device on SS1 (clone)
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/09/1995 13:34:32
On Sat, 9 Dec 1995, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> > I was wondering if it could be something to do with me having the 82077 chip
> > as the floppy controller, but there seems to be support for that built in
>
> The 82077 code in the floppy driver is completely untested as all sun4c
> machines with a floppy in them that I've seen use the 82072 chip.
> It's more than likely that the '77 code doesn't work.

ah, right - actually, that might be somewhat of a relief as my machine is
a clone 4/60 and I was worrying that it might be different in some way..

how can I find the specs of the 82077 controller?  (and, I guess the 82072 so
that I can see what will be different).  I'm prepared to fiddle around with
it for a bit..

]ain