Subject: Re: configuring the floppy device on SS1 (clone)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/07/1995 22:11:58
On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Iain Hibbert (hey, thats me!) wrote:

> should there be another line in my dmesg output, saying that it has found
> the fd0 device?  the floppy drive used to work fine under SunOS but I have
> deleted it all by now so can't check it again.

further to this, I was asked if the drive was connected, and it does seem to
be - I've had a fiddle around with the wires and they seem firm enough.
Plus, `test-floppy' and `eject' work from the PROM monitor so it seems ok
hardware-wise.  I'm recompiling a kernel with fdc_debug set to 2 just now, so
will try that tomorrow..

I was wondering if it could be something to do with me having the 82077 chip
as the floppy controller, but there seems to be support for that built in
anyway so maybe not.  I checked some older /var/log/messages files that I had
on another disk, and there was one instance (in June) that I could find, when
it mentioned the fd0 during bootup - it said that it wasn't configured at
that time, but never mentioned it again so far as I can see.

any ideas?

]ain