Subject: Setting up ttyb for modem?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/1995 20:59:11
I am trying to setup /dev/ttyb for use with my SupraFAXmodem.  I used the
BSD 4.3 configuration as explained in "Essential System Administration",
but it didn't work (errors like "cannot get port" or something to that
effect).  What is the trick to getting a modem working?  (Eventually, I'd
really like to get UUCP and pppd running).

	(BTW:  I am using NetBSD 1.1-ALPHA on a 4/110 with ttya as the
console and SupraFAXmodem v.32bis on ttyb)

	Also, is anybody working on a FAQ for the sparc port of NetBSD?
I know the mailing list archives are available on the 'net, but it's a
lot of hassle ftping the files (over my slow 14.4k SL/ip connection) and
actually finding the appropriate info.

Thanks.

Mike.

     Mike Frisch                    Internet: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
     Northstar Technologies		       Compuserve: 76620,2534
     Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA       WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch