Subject: Re: Netbooting 4/110?
To: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/22/1995 07:55:46
On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Peter Svensson wrote:

> Some tftpdaemons (the correct ones imho) chroot to /tftpboot. Since the
> clients request /tftpboot/AABBCCDD.SUN4C the total path on the server
> becomes /tftpboot/tftpboot/AABBCCDD.SUN4C. I put in a symlink:
>   cd /tftpboot ; ln -s . tftpboot

	Ok, I made this change.  Thanks for the tip.

> Have you tried tftp:ing the files manually? There should be a program
> called "tftp" that allows you to test the tftpd.

	Since I was able to connect to the localhost using tftp, I had
assumed it was working, but when I log into the tftp server, I do the
following "get 8273900B.SUN4"  (using the IP in the NetBSD INSTALL docs)
and get a "Error code 2:  Access violation".  I cannot find proper docs
for tftpd anywhere.  Would you happen to know what this means?

Thanks.

Mike.

     Mike Frisch                    Internet: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
     Northstar Technologies		       Compuserve: 76620,2534
     Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA       WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch