Subject: Re: Netbooting 4/110?
To: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/21/1995 17:37:02
On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, Peter Svensson wrote:

> I had two problems. First, tftpd user som other directory-setting by
> default than sunos does. THis was solved by a few sym-links in /tftpboot.

	According to the NetBSD/sparc docs, it needs the boot files in
"tftpboot" (which is where my files are).  What are the other directories
required?

> The second problem was that NetBSD didn't respond properly to rarp
> requests, so I had to put in a static entry in the arp cache.

	Yes, I do have this setup.  People have told me that for tftp to
be invoked, it has already resolved the IP.

Thanks.

Mike.

     Mike Frisch                    Internet: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
     Northstar Technologies		       Compuserve: 76620,2534
     Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA       WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch