Subject: Solved data corruption!
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/18/1995 10:51:38
Well, it appears that I might have solved the data corruption problem I
was experiencing with si/dma.  It seems that flushing the cache before
the DMA operation was complete wasn't quite enough.  Flushing it
afterwards seems to be needed too, although I will admit that I was a bit
too paranoid to do a heckuva lot of experimenting, so I may be sort of
over-doing it :-)

In any case, I copied files around, they compared fine.  So, deciding to
live on the edge, I let it boot into multi-user, and it seems to have
build the kvm databases fine, etc.  Boy, this machine is like greased
lightning now :-)

I'll whack on this some more and follow up.

Jason R. Thorpe                                         thorpej@Xenotropic.COM

           Just me and my collection of obsolete computer gear(s).