Subject: Sun 4/110 netboot woes
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hitl.washington.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/17/1995 18:05:26
I'm trying to install NetBSD-1.1 onto a diskless Sun 4/110.  Following the
INSTALL notes, I get an "illegal instruction" error after loading the
bootblocks, but before loading the kernel.  If I deviate slightly from the
notes, and use SunOS-4.1 bootblocks instead of the supplied NetBSD
bootblocks, I can get the kernel to load, and it walks through its device
probe, only to die after

	scsibus0 at sw0
[pause]
	vmel0 at mainbus0
	vmes0 at mainbus0

At this point the machine panics with "text fault: pc=0 ser=80 <INVAL>".

This is a Sun-4/110, no disk whatever, booting off of a Solaris server.
Is there something I'm overlooking?

  Konrad Schroder     Systems Administrator, Human Interface Technology Lab
  Voice: (206) 616-1478                                 FAX: (206) 543-5380
  Work: perseant@hitl.washington.edu                Play: perseant@hhhh.org