Subject: A game for NetBSD/sparc
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/10/1995 14:08:20
I offer for your gaming enjoyment a NetBSD/sparc port of a game I
originally wrote for SGIs running Irix 3.x.  (When we went to 4.x,
switching from raw GL to GL layered on top of X broke something wrt GL
timers and the game misbehaved atrociously.)

The game assumes you have a bwtwo screen and a type-4 keyboard.  These
assumptions are fixable, with varying amounts of work required for
various degrees of portability, but the bwtwo/type-4 combination is
probably common enough to make it worth tossing the game out in this
form for comments.

It runs and is playable on an IPC, but it's a whole lot smoother on a
1+ or similar machine.  (The source also builds under SunOS with very
little effort, if you have gcc, and works fine there too...at least for
me.)

The thing is up for anon ftp from collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
(132.206.78.1) in /games/asteroids-NetBSD.shar.  The first thing in the
shar is a README file....

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu