Subject: Re: install.sh fails for 1.1 alpha (more)
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Robin Cutshaw <robin@intercore.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/09/1995 22:07:38

> This was fixed yesterday. A new set of binaries has just been installed
> on ftp.netbsd.org, after pounding on the trans-atlantic link for quite
> a few hours...  installboot is in base.tar.gz

OK, I've successfully installed and booted 1.1-ALPHA.  Two problems with
the install:

1)  The egrep for sd[0-9] still has a ":" in it which causes the disk
    device not to be found.  I posted a diff for install.sh earlier for this.

2)  base.tar.gz does not include the password file/databases or group file.
    This causes the "sh MAKEDEV all" to create everything as root.wheel.
    Please include these databases in base.tar.gz.

Other than that, it seems to be working fine on a 1+/16MBram/424disk.

Good job!

robin