Subject: netbsd 1.1-ALPHA mounting problem.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/08/1995 11:23:03
I am attempting to install the 1.1-ALPHA snapshot on a machine here at work
to do some testing on, and the machine comes up OK in single-user mode, but
it won't let me mount any of the other partitions.  The root partition was
newfs'ed under SunOS, the /usr and /var under netbsd.  This is a
straight-from-the-box install from ftp.netbsd.org, and when I try to mount
anything, even a freshly-newfs'ed partition, I get stuff like this:

# mount /var
ffs: /dev/sd0h on /var: Operation not supported by device

here's var's fstab entry:
/dev/sd0h /var ffs rw 1 3

and I just re-newfs'ed it.  The kernel is the one from
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.1-ALPHA/sparc/install .

What have I done wrong?  This is a Sparc 2, 16MB, with a Seagate ST31200N
disk (1G).

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.
+j