Subject: Re: Why doesn't this work?
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/03/1995 14:08:53

   > Patching up config-generated files will likely get you into trouble.
   > Currently, the sparc config files only support declarations at "obio"
   > for sun4 machines (this may well change when sun4m code is merged),
   > and hence require a "option SUN4". As you noticed, not only obio.c is
   > affected, but clock.c as well.

   Surely this is wrong Paul, Having a SUN4C specific kernel has many performance
   boosts which I could really do with :-)

   If this is to be the way things are then then the config files in conf
   that do not generate booting kernels should be removed. IMHO

this is a bug, imo.  my config file doesn't have obio stuff, or, oclock
so i don't have the problem.  i'm sun4c only.