Subject: Re: Playing Audio CDs under NetBSD/sparc!
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/1995 21:25:01
> to work on, however, the last time I checked, the protocol used was not
> well documented, and reverse-engineering takes time...

Also consider that apparently, existing implementations *from Sun*
don't interoperate (unless you match patchlevels exactly.) It may be
worth inventing a "file locking extension to NFS" and actually
designing it, and coming up with something that works, than trying to
come up with something that relates to the Sun lockd/statd nonsense at
all. ("Mark, you're whining again. Back in the dungeon with you. This
time, your punishment: reinstall Solaris2. AGAIN." :-)

			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens