Subject: compat_svr4 and Photoshop 2.5
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/1995 21:09:21
After reading through the mailing list archives, I decided to see if
Adobe Photoshop 2.5 would run under -current on my IPC. I set up
the libraries and devices in /emul/svr4/, and managed to kludge the
script that runs it to not complain about configuration problems.

When I run it, however, it dumps core on a bad system call. I've appended
the last part of a ktrace below. Is this something that can be made
to work, given time?

   336 AdobePhotoshop2. RET   read 0
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. CALL  close(0x6)
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. RET   close 0
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. CALL  getfsstat(0xf7ffe148,0xf7ffe548)
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. NAMI  "/emul/svr4/home/msanders/AdobePhotoshop//Photoshop.MacFiles/System/Fonts/%Cache-localhost-0.0"
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. NAMI  "/home/msanders/AdobePhotoshop//Photoshop.MacFiles/System/Fonts/%Cache-localhost-0.0"
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. RET   getfsstat -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. CALL  accept
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. PSIG  SIGSYS SIG_DFL
   336 AdobePhotoshop2. NAMI  "AdobePhotoshop2..core"

:: Mike ::

--
	       Michael K. Sanders :: msanders@confusion.net
      Free your system and your mind will follow. NetBSD, free UN*X.

 The Confusion Network :: Creating Chaos out of Anarchy for a Better Tomorrow
    cut these eyes and i will see