Subject: Re: Playing Audio CDs under NetBSD/sparc!
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/1995 15:53:56
>> It makes me very very happy to be able to announce that myself and
>> Matthew Green, yesterday got audio cds to play from NetBSD/sparc.

Excellent.

>> This was the last reason to use SunOS on a sparc in my opinion :-)

I'd take a working gdb over a working cd player any day. :-(

> I've been whining for well over a year on this point [lockd/statd]
> and noone thinks it important enough to work on in ANY of the free
> OS's... B^(.

Somehow, I think people in free-OS camps are unlikely to find an
argument based on making the OS friendlier to binary-only commercial
code compelling.  I sure don't; heck, if mine were the guiding vision,
the OS would be almost actively hostile to such code.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu