Subject: Re: panic: DMAWAIT1
To: None <msanders@confusion.net>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/29/1995 20:28:00
[port-sun3: this started on port-sparc, but my comments are applicable
to NetBSD/sun3 as well as NetBSD/sparc....]

> I just added a Quantum Empire 2100S to my IPC and when trying to
> partition it with disklabel(8) I inevitably get a panic: DMAWAIT1 .
> Any ideas?

I've had bad luck trying to repartition with disklabel.  I have a
program that knows how to read, modify, and write Sun labels, which may
be of use to people wishing to repartition disks for NetBSD/sparc and
NetBSD/sun3.  It should work fine on any big-endian system; I think
only minor tweaks are necessary to make it work on a little-endian
system, but since I don't have any such on hand, I haven't tested it.
I also don't have it distribution-ready (eg, docs, compiling on stock
systems), but that's probably something I can do in an hour or two if
people are interested.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu