Subject: Re: boot without init.
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
From: Computo Ergo Checksum <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/1995 09:39:15
#define TANGENTIAL
In the config files, I've noticed that if you use "config netbsd swap generic"
you need to use "options GENERIC" and, I think, vice versa.  I'm not sure
whether or not this was planned, but it should probably be noted in the
GENERIC config file that if you use one you must use the other.

Also...
#undef TANGENTIAL

...as Dan Carosone pointed out, if you don't have a GENERIC/generic
kernel, the -a option gets ignored completely.  This seems to be consistent
as when I configured a kernel under SunOS or 4.3, if I bound root and swap
to specific devices, I could apparently specify the root and swap devices
-- but then it blew up because it was ignoring the devices I had specified
and going back to its config'd devices.

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft Windows NT -- "What a totally excellent discovery...NOT!"