Subject: Re: boot without init.
To: None <greywolf@defender.vas.viewlogic.com (Head Anarchy Conquest Knight>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/1995 11:08:18
On Tue, 10 Oct 95 10:02:15 PDT
 greywolf@defender.vas.viewlogic.com (Head Anarchy Conquest Knight Esquire of the Realm) wrote:

 > 	* Allow one to enter "-i path_to_init" to the bootloader and have it
 > 	  pass that to the kernel

That may not be practical on all ports.  Maybe a better solution is a new
flag for `boothowto', like RB_ASKINIT or something, which is set by the
boot code by `-i' or something, and then the code in main() that starts
init could prompt for a pathname if this flag is set...Of course, this
would require that the backup init be on the root filesystem, and hence
sort of defeats the purpose.