Subject: Re: -current free vnode panic
To: (NetBSD/sparc Maillist) <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/02/1995 13:28:44
	(update)
	It definitely seems to be triggered by intensive calls to {l,}stat()
	A diagnostic kernel reported:

vrele: bad ref count: type VDIR, usecount -1, writecount 0,refcount 1,
        tag VT_UFS, ino 112029, on dev 7, 8
panic: vrele: ref cnt

	I _think_ this is a MI problem - will not post anything more to
	port-sparc, apologies for not doing this sooner...

	Unfortunately my limited skills expire at this point & I'm left
	throwing myself on the wisdom of real kernel hackers :)

	(I've managed to hold the system together by disabling all the
	debates on the BBS that runs on it - its sitting on 54 users quite
	happily (so far!), when befre it was going down before about 40.

		David/abs

 D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk (MIME) +44 171 477 8186  {post,host}master  (abs)
Network Analyst, UCS, City University, Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB.
        <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>