Subject: Re: Solaris emulation, pmap botches, panics
To: None <ghudson@mit.edu>
From: David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/01/1995 04:57:14
   Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 00:39:35 -0400
   From: Greg Hudson <ghudson@mit.edu>

	   panic: alignment fault

   The traceback is:

	   _trap(7,90908c0, f80de238, f9b0adb0, 4073ac0, 65ca5ac) at trap+0x210
	   _trapbase(40c69d8, 10266, 60, 3010266, f7fff574, 0) + 0x249c

   Is this a known problem?  I can send a pr if people would like, and I
   guess I can try stepping through svr4_getdirentries to see if that
   yields anything interesting.

As I glance at my current sup of current, netbsd still does not do
alignment fixes for processes that request them from the kernel and
just sends a sigbus to the process.  This has been the case for quite
some time and the code to support this is trivial to write.  As a side
note netbsd does not send the sig_code/sig_address to a process when a
signal is taken either...

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu