Subject: Re: compat-sunos on NetBSD/sparc
To: David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/1995 16:00:45
      From: Rob Windsor <windsor@synopsys.com>

      Is there anything that I need to do other than compile COMPAT_SUNOS into
      the kernel to run SunOS applications?  I know that for compat-linux on the
      i386 port that you need to set up additional libs and such (details slip me,
      though).

   To run dynamically linked SunOS executables you will need to place the
   .so libraries in the place that the executables expect them to be,
   most likely /usr/lib.  I believe this plus adding COMPAT_SUNOS to the
   kernel config should do the necessary magic.

actually, as compat_sunos(8) describes, it's in /emul/sunos/usr/lib.

i fix this a few months back to be compatible with the other emulations,
and, to keep klutter out of /usr/lib and not have to have an edited
sunos ld.so around.

.mrg.

ps:  of course, if you have netbsd 1.0, it's different, but, still
documented in compat_sunos(8).