Subject: Re: Sun leo (24-bit) framebuffer drivers?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@synopsys.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/1995 21:58:54
Greg Earle

>> Does anyone have drivers for the Sun leo framebuffer?  I have this card,
>> but am currently doing the xon/rsh thing to work on the Sparc 2.

>> grind$ dmesg | grep leo
>> SUNW,leo at sbus0 slot 3 offset 0x0 not configured

> The LEO board is a ZX.  24-bit framebuffer.  Want specs?  Don't Ask.
> (Do an "egrep LEO /usr/include/sys/fbio.h" on Solaris 2.x)

> Sun doesn't even have drivers for it for SunOS 4.1.x.  Don't waste your time.
> Rip it out of that SPARCstation 2, give it to some poor sod running Solaris,
> and put in something that works, like a TurboGX.

Yeah, I knew that Sun didn't support it in SunOS 4.x, but I shrugged it
off as another "Sun doesn't give a damn about BSD (SunOS 4.x)".

I'll ask around here at work to see if there's an available TurboGX board,
but I don't think that I'm going to score anything better than a CG3.  :<
(Anything better than a CG3 is scooped up already).

My roomate was just offered a job by Sun, mebbe I can have him do some
digging.  :>

-- Rob
Internet:  windsor@synopsys.com
Life:      Rob@NCS.Synopsys.Mountain_View.California.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'