Subject: Re: NetBSD support SPARCprinter card?
To: James Graham <greywolf@aahz.VAS.viewlogic.com>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/1995 13:05:51
On Thu, 21 Sep 1995, James Graham wrote:

> * WHAT * SPARC 20 printer port?!?
>
> On the back of an SS20 I see:
>
>           [MBUS]             [SBUS3]            [SBUS1]
>           [MBUS]             [SBUS2]            [SBUS0]
>                          [dbri]
> [Mono FB] [A/B ser] (KB) [dbri] [TP] [SCSI] [Audio I/O]
                           ^^^^^
Look a little more closely at that label.  The lower one is for AUI and
the upper one is a parallel port (it is labeled "//" for parallel, get it?
:-). If you still don't believe me, try plugging the AUI adapter cable
into each one, it will only fit into the lower port.

> I don't see anything resembling a printer port.  You're probably best off
> shoving your bpp into one of the lower slots on the '20 and going that way.
>
> 				--*greywolf;

That's what I ended up doing.  And now I have TWO printer ports,
/dev/bpp0, and /dev/bpp1...

---Jake Hamby
  jehamby@lightside.com